You’ve finished your spring semester and are now curious how you can still keep up your productivity while you aren’t in school… Below are some tips and advice on how to make the most of your time off.
- Be sure to keep up with your networking pool… stay in touch with your recruiters from spring and fall, find new connections, and introduce yourself.
- Keep up with the summer market trends
- Add a new skill/certification to add to your resume (Wall Street Oasis is a great resource for accredited certifications)
- Reach back out to a previous professor… ask for a letter of recommendation or thank them for their help the past year. The summer months are a great time to check-in and strengthen those connections.
- Attend a professional development conference… these conferences will refreshen your skills and also allow you to head into your fall semester with confidence.
- Freshen up your resume… whatever hobbies, activities, volunteer work, etc., you may have been involved in or plan to be involved in can be a great addition to your skills and extracurriculars.
- Find a mentor… A good mentor (in whatever field you are interested in) is a perfect way to prepare yourself for interviews, internships, and job offers. Connect with a professional on LinkedIn, with the same job you are interested in, and tell them about your experience and what you are interested in learning from them.
- Join EliteGrad! EliteGrad is still working hard over the summer to post roles and internships with our recruiters. Be sure to update your profile with any new information and start searching for your dream job!